“Second thing I do after I get to work, start listening to CBC radio. The morning line up is usually not so bad- but I do have my guilty pleasure…I kind of adore the gardener they have on the “Ontario Today” show every week. I’m not a gardener, but he captures my attention every time with his cray-cray knowledge of every shrub, flower and seed.”
“New City and Colour album.”
Text 2 minutes later:
“Now I’m bored.”
“Christian Louboutin addressing the crowd at the opening party for his exhibit! Short and sweet. Apparently the French ‘don’t make speeches’.”
“Not to brag, but I do carry two bags. On the left, a raspberry work tote from Dooney and Bourke. The right hand side, my Kate Spade bag. The Kate Spade bag is what I carry my lunch in. Seriously.”
“Tano for Barneys- got it in Florida in March. I’ll take a black leather handbag over any other.”
“Old Navy circa 5 years ago. I still get compliments on it!”
We’re blog delinquents.
In an effort to stay connected and to remind people that we haven’t forgotten about the reason for creating this blog we’ve embarked on a 31 day challenge.
The sisters and I devised (ok, I devised) a plan- A finally got herself a phone with a decent camera, time for a blog challenge.
Everyday the three of us will take a picture of the same thing, but in our different city. With the three of us being scattered all across the province this summer it seems like the best way to stay connected. Three photos every day, with a small caption. So you can see how the three sisters are living, even if we’re far apart!
31 days, 93 pictures (that took me a second, had to break out the calculator for that one).
Let’s see if we can bang this out in 31 days, shall we?
Day One: The Shoes We Wore
“It’s raining and I don’t own a decent pair of rain boots. Also, my feet are far too wide for these shoes. But they were a really good price.”
“Eight more days of work, and then we’ll both be barefoot in the grass, all summer :).”
“Shoes for the day! Rainy day in the city – I really need to invest in some rubber boots!”
Hi. It’s me. J. It’s been awhile (even longer since you’ve heard from little A). What’s happening you ask?
Just a bunch of random crap. Let’s get you caught up.
1. Our parents just abandoned us for March Break. Note to self: really, really, really think about becoming a tenured professor. Then I will be able to search for conferences in the South Pacific so that I can trick everyone into thinking I’m working while I enjoy a vacation in Maui.
Beware of spitting lava.
2. M abandoned us for this godforsaken place. SW Ontario or Northern Ontario? Hmmm. Our appeal is waning. However I think that FFD might be more of an appeal than just FF.
3. Our grandparents are on their first real vacation since Grams kicked cancer’s ass and then re-generated her femur. They’re on a cruise. We’ve been anxiously watching CNN to make sure this isn’t happening again.
4. I saw first hand some shady working of the social variety.
5. I just watched “Auntie Mame” with a friend this weekend. Ummm…it was awesome. She owed me a good old movie experience since I introduced her to “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers”. The racist Asian butler almost sent me over the edge. Until I was reminded not to get too haughty…SBFSB is the movie with the famous “…secretly they were overjoyed!” line.
6. I heard a rumour that Ryan Gosling is in town this weekend. Whaaa?
7. We had an extravaganza of a birthday weekend in Detroit for A. It included an NHL hockey game where we were surrounded by about 20 Scout packs. What does this mean? It means that for the entire second period the child behind me was kicking my seat and screaming for cotton candy. Prior to this we visited a “Diners, Drive Ins and Dives” restaurant and ate some delicious salted caramel ice cream.
8. Day Two in Detroit was kind of a crazy mash up. First a tour of the Rouge Plant at Ford…we saw all kinds of pick up trucks being built. It was very “Born in the USA”. Follow that up with some kick ass BBQ.
9. We ended our time in Detroit with a visit to the Detroit Institute of Art where we got to see this amazing mural:
10. A then shopped so fast it was insane at Kohl’s. Seriously. She had 30 minutes and emerged with an armful of Lauren Conrad. Well done, A. Well done.
Honestly, I was underwhelmed. There was an OBVIOUS winner, and the rest fell into a pile of “meh”.
I really, really love Jessica Chastain…
Chastain in McQueen
Honourable mentions go to Diaz and Wiig…
Diaz in Gucci, Wiig in J Mendel
Also…I find it HILARIOUS that less than 24 hours after the Oscars, @AngiesRightLeg has nearly 20,000 Twitter followers…
Angelina's Right Leg